Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Rhubarb Raspberry Crisp

I love springtime at the farm! Fresh asparagus. Yummy crisp greens. And rhubarb. Luscious rhubarb. It may be one of my favorite fruits because it reminds me of my childhood. I had a friend that had a rhubarb plant in her yard and we would break off fresh stems, dip them in sugar and devour. Rhubarb will always be the taste of early summer for me. So you can imagine my delight when I picked up my CSA share from Little Ridge Farms, only to see nice long green and red stalks of rhubarb. Last week I made rhubarb risotto in my attempt to try something new - and it was DELICIOUS! This week, I wanted to go back to the basics. I had a bag of raspberries in the freezer - also from Little Ridge - and I thought I would make a crisp. Best. Decision. Ever.

R2 Crisp

4 C rhubarb, cut into 1" pieces
2 C raspberries
1 1/3 C whole wheat flour
1 C sugar
1 t cinnamon
1 C brown sugar
1/4 t nutmeg
1 C rolled oats
1/2 C butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 inch glass baking dish. In a large bowl mix together rhubarb, raspberries, 1/3 cup of flour, sugar and cinnamon. Dump into baking dish and spread evenly. In another bowl mix together brown sugar, oats, nutmeg and remaining flour. Add in butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over the top of fruit evenly. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove and cool for 10 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment