Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Potato Salad

Started getting my fall CSA share from Hatchet Cove Farms last week while I was in Vermont for School, and I couldn't wait to get home and have at all the wonderful squashes. We had planned a phamily dinner for the day after I came home and I had to whip up some food with whatever was in my pantry (which was bare since I had been gone for 9 days). I'm not usually a potato salad fan, I don't really like mayo, but something about this fall weather wanted me to fill my gullet with potatoes. I still had a bunch of potatoes from the last week of my summer CSA, and they looked so nice next to my sweet dumpling squash, that I had to do something with them. The fall potato salad was born!

Fall Potato Salad
(amounts don't need to be exact)
6 large potatoes
1 squash
1 jar of pesto (or homemade)
1 large shallot, chopped (if they are the small ones, several of them)

Peel and cut potatoes into cubes and steam until soft, but not mushy. Set aside. Cut squash in half and steam until soft. Peel and cut into cubes. Mix with potatoes, pesto and shallot. Refrigerate to incorporate flavors. Serve at room temp.

No comments:

Post a Comment