Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Power of Green

In an attempt to lose weight and get that great glow before my wedding, I'm pushing more raw foods in my diet. I've been doing my best with the local veggies that have been available, but now that I'm heading into CSA season, I can do even better. Today's power-packed lunch is all green and all goodness. The only non-raw item is the nori roll I used to wrap it all up....but close enough.

The Power of Green Wrap
1 stick of asparagus
1 scallion
1/2 avocado
few slices of cucumber
1 sheet nori

Cut off top of asparagus and leave that for garnish. Cut scallion and cucumber into sticks. Slice avocado, leaving some on the side for garnish. Place veggies on sheet of nori near top. Wet edges of nori with a damp finger. Roll tightly, slice in half and garnish with top of asparagus and pieces of avocado. Devour!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment