Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2012

Nuts, Fruit, and Cacao - Oh My!

In an attempt to regain some energy, I'm including much more RAW in my diet again. This time, though, I'm getting serious. In order to stick to it, we needed some snack foods that were both good for us and will give us our sweet-tooth fix. After a perusal of my cupboard, I decided to pull everything that sounded yummy, throw it all together in the food processor, and cover it in chocolate. The amounts are an estimate. If you don't have these items, get creative with what you do have. I just devoured my first sampling of it, but I did manage to get a pic before i gulped the last bite.



Nuts, Fruit, and Cacao - Oh My!

3 T nut butter (if you're not concerned with raw, just use peanut butter)
2 T dried cranberries
1 T cacao nibs
3 T honey
2 T unsweetened shredded coconut
2 T raw cashews
4 T coconut oil
3 T carob powder

In the food processor combine nut butter, cranberries, cacao, 2 T of the honey, coconut, cashews and 2 T of the coconut oil. Combine until it clumps together in a ball. If the cashews don't chop up, add a bit more coconut oil. Press into a small baking dish. Meanwhile, melt 1 T honey, 2 T coconut oil, and carob powder. Whip it really good for 30 seconds until it becomes a thick, chocolate sauce. Spread over the baking dish and put in freezer for 1 hour. Then put in fridge to keep cool and firm. Devour every bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment