Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Currylicious!

I have been craving curry since I went to Vermont and had Thai food. I didn't order the curry, and I regret that. Although my appetizer assortment was yum, I wish I had burned my mouth on some yummy spicy Masamam Curry. So tonight, curry it is. I love the aroma of all the fresh veggies in my kitchen, and the odor of curry powder mingled with coconut and fresh ginger. Delicious! I served this over rice - a perfect meal for a sunshower day.


Currylicious
(serves 6)

1 block extra firm tofu
2" fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
3 cloves garlic, sliced into matchsticks
2 T coconut oil
1 large red potato, cubed
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 pepper, chopped
1 large tomato, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch scallions, sliced into 1/2" pieces (whites minced)
1 T curry powder (this all varies w/ strength of powder and your preference)
1 14oz can coconut milk
1 C broth/water

Heat 1 T of coconut oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add in ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes, then add tofu. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside. Heat remaining 1 T coconut oil in same skillet over medium heat and add potatoes and carrots, stir to coat with oil. Cook 2 minutes then add 1/2 C broth/water and cover pan tightly. Turn heat to medium high and cook until most liquid is absorbed. Turn to medium low and add in onion, pepper and garlic and stir thoroughly. Cook for 2 minutes. Add curry powder and stir to coat all the veggies. Cook 2 more minutes. Add in coconut milk, 1/2 C broth/water and tomatoes, increasing heat until it comes to a boil and then cover and drop to a simmer. Cook 15 - 20 minutes. Serve over rice and sprinkle with lots of scallions.

No comments:

Post a Comment