Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Marinated Swiss Chard

I was up at my brother's house the other day and their garden has an over-abundance of swiss chard, so I lopped off a few leaves and brought them home. Sunday night, I started this RAW salad.

Marinated Swiss Chard w/ Cilantro Dressing
Cilantro Dressing
6 leaves swiss chard
1 carrot, peeled & diced

Remove stems from chard and shop leaves coarsely. Add a decent amount of dressing and massage leaves for 5 minutes. Add carrot and toss thoroughly. Set aside in refrigerator for 1-2 days (I did 2 and it was yummy). Stir and add another tablespoon of dressing. Eat.

You could add other salad type veggies if you wanted, or replace the chard with any other type of greens. We don't eat enough greens in our diet, so this is how I started getting more of them - RAW is always better because when you cook food it takes away most of the vital nutrients and taste. I love to do this with Kale, too. The key is to massage, massage, massage! It breaks down the green, naturally wilting it to a cooked consistency. This is a yummy go to lunch or toss it in a lettuce/cabbage leaf and make it a wrap. I was thinking some avocado slices and tomatoes would be yummy, too. I have some left over so maybe tomorrow I'll spice it up a bit. Think of it as a base and go from there!

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment