Search This Blog

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Pasta

I had a plethora of zucchini and summer squash from my last couple of bags of CSA veggies so I decided to whip them up with some pasta tonight. The boys devoured this meal, which they usually do when there are chickpeas involved.

Summer Veggie Pasta
1 box of pasta
2 zucchini, sliced thin with a peeler
2 summer squash, sliced thin with a peeler
1 carrot, sliced thin with a peeler
1 onion, sliced thin
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 can chickpeas (I use dried & cook them)
1 bunch of fresh basil, chopped
1 stick butter
1 T walnut oil (or any other type of light oil)
1 lemon, juiced
salt & pepper

Cook pasta according to box. Meanwhile, heat oil in pan and saute onions and garlic until brown on medium heat. Melt butter (reserving 2 T) in a separate pan and add basil and lemon juice. Add remaining 2 T of butter to onions & garlic then toss in zucchini, squash and carrots until covered and warm. Toss pasta with basil butter mixture and add beans, and veggies. Toss and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

This was yummy and light and the kids devoured every bite. I know what I'll be making again!! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment