Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

RAW Curry Noodles

I am loving all my fresh veggies from my CSA with Hatchet Cove! And as much as I like to cook up something yummy with them, I'm a huge fan of RAW foods. When you cook vegetables they tend to lose a great deal of their nutrients, so making a RAW dish keeps all those nutrients in tact, making for a yummy and healthy new food option. I've done RAW cleanses off & on for the last 2 years and it always does wonders for my health, energy and body. I lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks once, just slipped right away, because of the RAW diet. It's not for everyone, and it can be difficult to manage, but I definitely think everyone should include more RAW foods in their everyday diets to reap the benefits. So, without further ado, here is my take on something I crave every day - curry! I saw a few curry noodle recipes on GoneRaw and I thought I would whip one up of my own. This makes 2 servings, so find someone to share the curry love with.

RAW Curry Noodles
2 T Sunflower Seeds
1 T black sesame seeds
2 T walnut oil (or any other light cold-pressed oils)
1/4 C shredded unsweetened coconut
salt & pepper
curry powder - as much you like - this all depends on brand and desire for curry hotness
water - used to get a creamy substance, so add until desired consistency
1 small zucchini, sliced thin with a veggie peeler
1 small summer squash, sliced thin with a veggie peeler
1/2 tomato, diced

Blend sunflower seeds & sesame seeds in food processor until they are a fine powder. Add oil, coconut, salt and pepper, curry powder and small amounts of water until desired consistency - process until smooth. Toss of zucchini and summer squash noodles. I let mine sit over night in the fridge, but it can be eaten immediately. To serve, add tomatoes then sprinkle with salt and curry powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment