Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Frittata!!

The other day when I was passed out with Strep, my lovely boyfriend decided to make dinner for me and the boys. Since he isn't much of a cook, he whipped up some pasta and sauce - simple yet satisfying. Sadly, he put WAY too much pasta in to cook and we ended up with a ton of left-overs. I decided we needed to find a better and creative way to use them up - hence, the birth of the pasta frittata. I searched through the fridge for some yummy veggies and found a plethora of zucchini from my CSA. I thought, what goes better together then pasta and zucchini? Here is a yummy, and easily adaptable, recipe for pasta left-overs.

Zucchini Pasta Frittata
2 C left-over spaghetti, chopped
4 eggs
2 C cheese (I used mozzarella)
1 medium zucchini, 1/4 lengthwise and sliced
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 C milk
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 T olive oil



Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in oven proof skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and zucchini until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt and pepper and saute 1 minute. Toss in spaghetti and mix thoroughly. Beat eggs until fluffy, then add milk and cheese and stir. Pour into pan and spread evenly over spaghetti mixture. Turn pan down to medium low heat and let eggs set for about 5 minutes. Place pan in oven and cook 20-25 minutes, until eggs are cooked through. Pull from oven and let sit 5 minutes before serving.

My kids love quiche, and now they love Frittata!

No comments:

Post a Comment